Redemption code for Histology Laboratory Exercises (eBook)
The exercises in Histology Laboratory Exercises: A Guide for Study of WebMic Specimens aids students in using WebMic to study 157 histological specimens with annotations and two forms of self-assessment on demand. This 9th edition eBook lab manual, the first in eBook format, includes thumbnails and a short video tour of each specimen to orient the student’s approach and study. Questions are placed strategically throughout the manual with correct answers available with just a click. In addition, the student can take notes and create flashcards.
The eBook is accessible over the Internet on multiple devices regardless of the platform: Mac or PC. It can be accessed directly over the Internet, downloaded to a hard drive, or downloaded onto a mobile device. It is intended to be used with WebMic, a free virtual microscopy interactive histology learning program available over the Internet in HTML5 format.
Students who have used the manual rate it as a must-have in learning practical histology:
- The lab manual really helped me understand what I was looking at.
- I think it’s important to have the extra information from the manual.
- I was very impressed with how the video links were embedded in the manual.
- The book did a great job going from a large picture to a small one.
- I like the different magnifications because it reinforced cell types.
- Those questions at the end of each section were super helpful in recalling structures and differences.
- I enjoyed the video tours of each specimen. It forced me to look at the slides.